FILE SETUP GUIDELINES
“Do. Or do not. There is no try …”
– Yoda (Duh)
At Big Image Systems we know that the best way to do a good job is open communication.
Below is a no-nonsense guide for formatting your files in the best way to work with our printers. We pride ourselves in being able to work with our customers, and we want that to be a two-way street. When you’re ready to setup your files to print, following these steps will ensure that what we see is what you see.
16’ AND UNDER AT 100% (At 1:10 Scale) Target:75-150 dpi Minimum: 40dpi
16’ + AT 100% (At 1:10 Scale) Maximum: 50 Minimum: 30
- Print-Ready PDF Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5 or newer)
- 2” of printed bleed all sides
- No printer or crop marks
- Convert all fonts to outlines
- Do not compress images
- Artwork without text and logos can also be sent as psd, tif or jpeg
- Provide the scale of your artwork and confirm size changes prior to submission
- Place special instructions, drawings and information in separate documents
For more info visit: https://www.bigimagesystems.com/support/
- Use PMS colors from Solid/Uncoated library
- Convert color to CMYK using Europe ISO Coated FOGRA39 profile and adjust onscreen.
- To match your screen to ours use Datacolor Spyder hardware for accuracy.
- When required, provide pantone references, ship a color reference or request a paper or textile proof.
- For best black build to C91 M79 Y62 K97
- You can request a company dropbox by clicking HERE.
- When submitting it’s best to establish the piece name in advance and to name your files to match.
- Please submit a written list of files and corresponding sizes via email or inside your .zip folder.
- Any single file above 1G should be uploaded alone.
- Samples are available upon request.
- Digital approval links will be sent to all clients prior to print.
- Standard turnaround time is 4 days from approval.
- Sample costs vary depending on substrate.
- Standard samples come 3’x4′ unfinished. Custom sample sizes and finishes available upon request.
Need More? Have Questions? Click below and request more info from our production department.