The Infinitus Line of Printers From Big Image Systems
Bigfoot … UFO’s … The Loch Ness Monster …
A 17 foot Seamless Digital Print …
Digital printing for live events and entertainment used to come with a frustrating reality; when you wanted it in your designs you had to think in terms of 16 feet before you had to deal with a seam. This meant having to live with limitations in printing technology, it meant changing your designs. It meant having to alter your vision …
Big Image Systems thought that sucked.
That’s why, after years of engineering and testing, we introduced the Infinitus, the only printer capable of printing high quality “Ultra Grand” seamless digital printing up to 40′ x 160′.
Don’t Believe us? Take a look for yourself …
INFINITUS – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
MAXIMUM SEAMLESS PRINT WIDTH: 40′ X 160′
PRINTING SPEED: 270-915 square feet per hour
MAXIMUM PRINTING RESOLUTION: 500 dpi
- Cloth 201 HzN (Medium Weight Muslin)
- Sharkstooth Scrim
- Lightweight Muslin
- Leno (Filled Scrim)
SAFETY: All fabrics meet NFPA 701 requirements
Infinitus from Big Image Systems prints on a variety of soft materials. From super wide 100% cotton theatrical fabrics to vibrant synthetics and ground covering, the Infinitus delivers colossal imagery for any event and any venue.
The following shows you what Infinitus can offer, and we are constantly finding new materials and working with mills to develop more materials.
CLOTH 201 HzN
For many years Cloth 201 HzN has been our primary backdrop material for theatrical backdrops and flats. a 100% Cotton Muslin, Cloth 201 HzN is used by theaters all over the world. It can be front or back lit; Cloth 201 HzN’s matte surface makes it very easy to light.
Thread: 100% Cotton – Max Seamless Printing Size: 40’ x 160’ – Weight: 8.26 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 Ship/Storage: May be folded.
Muslin 125 is an open-weave 100% cotton sheer Muslin somewhere between Cloth 201 HzN and Sharkstooth in translucency. A great alternative to Scrim where total opacity is not needed. This material can be used as a backdrop, flats or as a translucent space divider.
Thread: 100% Cotton – Max Seamless Printing Size: 40’ x 160’ – Weight: 2.06 oz/yd² – FR: B1 – Ship/Storage – May be Folded
Sharkstooth Scrim is a 100% cotton open weave material that appears solid when front lit but disappears when backlit for theatrical staging Big Image is the only printer capable of printing on cotton Scrim.
Thread: 100% Cotton – Max Seamless Printing Size: 37’ x 160’ – Weight: 3.69 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 – Ship/Storage: May be Folded
LENO (FILLED) SCRIM
Leno Filled Scrim, usually described as “Scrim with the holes Filled in.” is a 100% Cotton material frequently used for backdrops and cycs when a softer feeling is required. The material bounces light beautifully and can be use as a projection area when left white.
Thread: 100% Cotton – Max Seamless Printing Size: 32’ x 160’ – Weight: 7.37 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 – Ship/Storage: May be Folded
Typically used for the event market, Rolltex Wide has become a hit for theatrical backdrops 16′ and under. Rolltex Wide is a dimensionally stable light-weight knit fabric for small backdrops and scenic elements, perfect for wrapping flats.
Thread: Polyester – Max Seamless Printing Size: 16’H x 135’W – Weight: 6.19 oz/yd² – FR: B1 – Ship/Storage: May be Folded
Our Cotton Velour is a unique product in the printing industry. This lightweight velour is great for creating unique mainstage curtains and stage elements.
Thread: 100% Cotton – Max Seamless Printing Size: 55”H x 100′- Weight: 14.45 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 – Ship/Storage: May be Folded
The most sheer fabric in our inventory, allowing 80-90% bleed-through from front to back. Without front lighting, Voile will appear less vivid in a well-lit space; the lightness of the material is best when a sheer, translucent appearance is required.
Thread: Polyester – Max Seamless Printing Size: 16’H x 40’W – Weight: 1.33 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 – Ship/Storage: Should be transported rolled or softly folded
A natural-looking gauze-like material, a favorite for sheer panels with an airy feel. Trevira is a great material for room dividers, translucent signage and banners.
Thread: Polyester – Max Seamless Printing Size: 16’H x 40’W – Weight: 2.9 oz/yd² – FR: NFPA 701 – Ship/Storage: Should be transported rolled or softly folded
Stretchtex is another leader among our event/backdrop materials. Slight 2-way stretch, (though excessive stretching can warp the image). Recommended when something thicker than Rolltex Wide is required. Excellent for wrapping flat and curved Structures and frames.
Thread: Polyester – Max Seamless Printing Size: 12’H x 33’W – Weight: 9.17 oz/yd² – FR: B1 – Ship/Storage: May be folded
A new flooring option offered by Big Image. Unlike heavy-weight canvas that can move underfoot without glue, this rubber-backed option will normally stay in place. Tape can be also used. Surface of this material is very high-end/natural in appearance. Not intended for long term use with pedestrian traffic.
Thread: Cotton w/ Rubber Backing – Max Seamless Print Size: 77”W x 145’L – Weight: 20.65 oz/yd² – Machine: UV FR: B1 – Ship/Storage: May be Folded
Soft Carpet is a great material for events and theatre. Compared to other carpets in the market our material prints deeper into the surface for a richer saturation. Soft carpets can be cut to custom shapes using our computer-controlled cutting machines. Not for permanent installations.
Thread: Polyester – Max Seamless Print Size: 77”W x 70’L – Weight: 9.44 oz/yd² – FR: B1 – Ship/Storage: Must be Rolled
As the popularity of Infinitus grew, we brought the second one online in 2017. With double the production capacity, Big Image Systems can offer seamless digital printing for almost any market. Our finishing department is second to none in the large format digital print world, and our engineering division offers innovative custom and modular display and support systems.
No matter the venue, no matter the message, Big Image Systems is the only company that can go beyond convention. You already think big.
It’s time to go big …
Infinitus from Big Image Systems was made for the Theatre. It’s the only line of printers capable of printing seamlessly on wide width 100% cotton theatrical materials like Muslin and Scrim. Theatrical printing from Big Image Systems offers a range of advantages including;
- Our INFINITUS line of printers can produce seamless backdrops and scenic elements on 100% cotton theatrical textiles like Muslin, Scrim and Filled Scrim up to 40′ x 160′.
- Our sewing department can finish your drops to your exact theatrical specifications, including cutouts, portals and unique shapes.
- All Theatrical textiles are NFPA 701 and or B1 compliant.
- Our cotton printing is the perfect compliment to scenic treatments, giving scenic artists creative freedom to add to and alter our printing to meet the needs of the production.
- We use water-based environmentally friendly inks in our printing, reducing the carbon footprint and giving you peace of mind.
When it comes to corporate and special events, we know that time is money. Infinitus printing from Big Image Systems offers event producers ways to bring their visions to BIG life on time and on budget.
- Soft Textile Prints weigh less, pack up smaller and take up far less truck space.
- Hangs faster and cleaner than vinyl and other substrates.
- Follow contours and curves easier and faster than hard elements.
- Our TRANSLIGHT double-sided printing process can add dynamic live elements to your event.
- The innovative Kedar System offers a time saving way to hang and shape your drops.
- Big Image Systems staff can manage your project from start to finish, with extensive pre-show, logistics and installation experience. We will be there with and for you.
Just imagine it. Imagine having the ability to get your message across without worrying about the seams. Now make it real with Infinitus. Go beyond the limits. Dominate the show floor. Let printing and hardware from Big Image Systems expand your brand and get noticed in a big way.
- Seamless printing 40′ x 160′.
- Soft textiles weigh less, take up less space and hang faster and cleaner than vinyl.
- Matte materials mean more and better lighting options.
- Expert Edge finishing to your exact design needs.
- Use the innovative Kedar System to hang straight or curved walls, or tension fabric shapes.
- Onsite services to ensure your project is designed and installed perfectly.
FOR THEMED ENVIRONMENTS
Theme Parks. Museums. One of a kind live experiences. Infinitus printing from Big Image Systems make your transformation complete. Envelop your audience in massive mountains, endless horizons, cities, forests, skies.
- Seamless walls and cycloramas up to 40′ x 160′ on Scrim and Muslin.
- Photographic digital reproduction.
- Matte materials are perfect for lighting designers.
- NFPA 701 and B1-B2 Certified.
- Our cotton printing is the perfect compliment to scenic treatments, giving scenic artists creative freedom to add to and alter our printing for even better effect.
- Environmentally friendly Green printing practices.
- Printed flooring and ground cloth available.
What more Information? Have questions? Click below to reach out to your rep and learn more about how Infinitus can transform the way you imagine your next live event.
Or fill out the form below and send it in and one our reps will get back with you within 24 hours.